Hand Transplant

I caught the morning news today about a man who had a hand transplant to both his left and right arm.

My first reaction was how quickly and how far medical procedures have come!

The second reaction was deep empathy for this man and his long road...over two years the doctor said...for his painful, but potentially, complete recovery.

Then, my mind was catapulted into the question...will the lines of his new hands change to reflect his mind and personality?...or will this new hands change him to reflect the mind and personality of the donor?

My fascination with palmistry is now expanding and changing due to the modern advances of medicine and our rapidly changing era. We have in a century gone from lines that determine virginity or if you will die by the guillotine, to whether the hands are really yours....

I'll have to think about this a little more.. I feel a Stephen King like moment coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment